Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Code Testing

Another colleague, Justin, sent Tim and I a MATLAB fitswriter file, which turns matlab .fig files into .fits files.

I have been setting up Matlab and using it to convert images into .fits files. I am then able to test my code on these new files, and compare my results with those of Justin's. Unfortunately, they don't seem to match up. The images that Justin sent me also seem to focus on objects with large FWHM's, which ultimately means that I obtain less points for my contrast curve because of the way I've implemented my code.

I am currently trying to compile a .pfd document containing the contrast curves I obtained using my code, and comparing my data to Justin's data. Hopefully this will give me a clearer indication of what the differences are between our results, and how I should change my code.

No comments:

Post a Comment